Guess its really been a while since I bake for Aspiring Bakers. Guilty and ................ you know how it feels anyway. I was having a very tight schedule with work and orders , its like almost impossible for me to include too many "to-do-list" into my daily task .
I have adapted the cake recipe from Chef Alex Goh's recipe book Fruity Cakes
Basic Sponge Cake
4 Large Eggs
70g Caster Sugar [ Original recipe calls for 120g ]
1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract [ Original recipe calls for 1/2 tsp ]
110g All Purpose Flour [ I used Cake Flour ]
70g Melted Butter
Non-Dairy Whip Topping ( whip till stiff )
1 can Peach ( slice/cut into desired bite sizes )
1. Pre heat oven to 180C . Grease and line one 2 5" round pan with parchment paper
2. Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium high speed until light and fluffy
3. Fold in flour gently until all well combine . Pour in melted butter and mix well
4. Pour batter into 2 prepared pan and bake at 180C for 30 minutes . Remove from oven and take out to cool on wire rack immediately.
1. Cut each cake into 2 layer . Place one payer of cake at the base on the cake board .
2. Spread 1/4 cup of whip topping evenly on the cake. Arrange the sliced peach evenly and spread with another 1/4 cup of whip topping to cover the peach.
3. Top with another layer of cake and repeat the above process until all cake is finish. Chill cake in the fridge for 2 hours before frosting with whip topping or any other frosting of your choice
Enjoy your lovely Peach layer cake !!!!
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #18: Layers of Love (April 2012) hosted by Sam of Sweet Samsations